Calm Kids School Program
This program runs the full school year and is available for summer camps. Call or email us for details or to register your school.
We offer age appropriate yoga classes to children in the entire school – grades ELKP to 8 and high school.
- Yoga is flexible, it can be practiced in the school gym, library or classroom.
- Yoga can be incorporated into a lunch-time routine or into an existing physical education class.
- Yoga classes are inclusive, all children are welcome.
- Yoga integrates age and ability appropriate postures & concepts into children’s daily routines.
Benefits of Yoga in the School Setting
- Supports social and emotional learning, by providing students with healthy ways to express and balance their emotions.
- Promotes a more relaxed, comfortable state of being and brings students into the present moment – a basic requirement for learning.
- Creates an atmosphere of confidence, self-esteem, enthusiasm and non-competitiveness where everyone can succeed.
- Provides opportunities for beneficial breaks and enhances motor skills and balance.
- Eases anxiety and tension (such as pre-test or performance jitters) and enhances focus, concentration, comprehension and memory.
- Provides opportunities for reflection, patience and insight, reducing impulsivity and reactivity.
- Improves listening skills and creates a calm, harmonious classroom.
- Improves posture, assisting students to sit comfortably for long periods.
- Encourages respect for oneself and others.